Now the way I see it Blogging is like school. How so you ask?
We finish elementary school with the English knowledge of what we have learnt for 8 years and graduate to the sparkly, shiny and new environment called, “highschool” where we apply what we know and get criticized/ marked for it.
That’s where Blogging is like school. You have a bunch of fellow Bloggers all up in your writing and like or dislike what you share with them.
Now you have the three types of Bloggers…let us count the three…
1. FRESHIE BLOG GEEK – Now this is me! Freshies both as a student and as a Blogger you either feel or think like this:
- New and Extreme excitement
- High expectations
- Believe this is going to be SO EASY
- Constantly checking your blog
- Yelling, ” YESSSSSS!!!! Another LIKE!!!! wooOoHooOooOOOooOOo!!!”
- Get your geek on when you get a new follower *woot woot*
- Signing up for every social site just to feel productive and important
- Feeling frustrated when nothing makes sense on WordPress
- Getting annoyed that this isn’t as easy as it seems
- Surfing YouTube and Google for every possible tutorial
OH MY GEEBIES …the list can go on and on.
Now…. I AM DEFINITELY A BLOGGER FRESHIE!!!
2. SOPHOMORE BLOG DIVA
This is where you are like a 10th grader.
- You are now one of them
- You fit
- You belong
- You are no longer a Freshie
- An intermediate when it comes to blogging
- No longer at the bottom of the food – ahem – “blog” chain
- Blogging like a crazy freak
- Clicking on everything without a doubt
- You’re like so popular – kind of the group in mean girls
- You feel like you can finally walk around with your head up high – not looking like a dumb********* (insert word)
I’m not here yet but this is what I foresee in my blogging future
3. SENIOR BLOG GOD
* Orchestra Intro * the clouds part and the sun shines through…..
When you are now a 12th grader.
- Your head is now way, way, WAY up there
- Top of the Blog chain
- Everyone hails you
- Everyone wants to become you
- In comparison to Highschool – you’re the one to follow
- ONE WORD on your blog would get a million likes
- YOU ARE THE BLOG GOD
I’m hoping I’ll be here in the…somewhere future *wah wah wah*
All in all – everyone started at the bottom of the Blog chain and I’m slowly fighting……working…WORKING my way up.
If you’re a Freshie, then be a Freshie with me.
We’ll get shoved against the lockers, pimple-faced and all geeked up. We’re all in this together. Let’s go Freshie Blog Geeks!!!
Sincerely Cap’d Out,